Experienced Professional Over The Road (OTR) Tank Truck Owner Operators
K2 Tank Lines
Serving the Bulk Liquid Logistics Requirements of Industry
Join K2 Tank Lines serving producers and distributors in the central United States. You can be a part of a dynamic, responsible company that will value your contribution to its success and growth, while respecting your personal goals. K2 supports your professional status with ongoing safety training and industry innovation.
K2 offers owner operators a greater percentage of the freight charges and pays 100% of the fuel surcharges to the owner operators through a detailed weekly settlement; we offer a fuel card, Pre-Pass; best of all some of the highest utilization rates in the industry. Our owner operators are expected to operate in accordance with K2’s safety and operational practices, some of the most progressive in the industry.
Here’s what K2 expects of their OTR Independent Contractors:
- A minimum of two (2) years verifiable tank trailer experience.
- You must be at least 25 years old.
- A valid Class A CDL is required, Tanker and HAZMAT endorsements.
- Have a valid TWIC card.
- Must meet all DOT qualifications with no physical impairments (unless waived by DOT).
- No drug or alcohol related convictions in the previous five (5) year period.
- No more than one (1) moving violation and no more than two (2) chargeable minor accidents in the previous thirty-six (36) month period.
- No felony convictions.
- Satisfactory safety record per CSA guidelines.
- Maintain electronic and/or paper DOT Hours of Service logs & other required records.
- Professionally and courteously interface with fellow Independent Contractors, Management & Client Personnel.
Equipment & Licensing Requirements:
- Current vehicle registration/plates.
- Current physical damage insurance.
- Current bobtail insurance.
- Current IFTA License.
- Late model tractor with sleeper.
In addition to the above requirements, you must:
- Own and be able to operate a smartphone.
- Operate a tractor and trailer safely and professionally for the DOT regulated 70 Hours of Service.
Fill out our Online Independent Contractor Application Form today and become part of a new transportation opportunity!